Solutions for small ports
A panel discussion featuring case studies from small ports will mark the end of GreenPort Cruise & Congress 2019.
This year’s roundup discussion, ‘what can small ports to do to increase efficiency and drive sustainability outcomes?’ will feature a panel of experts who will draw from the two days of expert presentations.
The session will be moderated by Chris Wooldridge, Honorary Research Fellow, School of Earth and Ocean Sciences at Cardiff University. He will be joined by Alex Ruijs, Senior Consultant, Electrical Power and Energy at Royal HaskoningDHV; Patrik Starck, Regional Sales Director at Konecranes Lift Trucks – Europe; Kyriakos Antonopoulos, President of Skyros Port Authority and Constantina Skanavis, Professor in Environmental Communication and Education at the University of West Attica.
The presentations from the previous conference days will cover:
- Legislation and cooperation – case studies from ports and policy makers who are confronting new legislation
- Cruise operator discussion – Cruise operators will discuss the changing landscape of marine transportation and their current projects
- Towards an era of zero emissions: solutions for ports, terminals and cities
- Environmental challenges driving innovation and investment
- City ports as energy hubs and circular economy
- High tech green solutions on cruise ships
- Working group - how to develop a port sustainability strategy: a roadmap to success
- High tech green landside and on-board solutions
- Green logistics: multimodal supply chains
- Preparing for the energy transition: dialogues across the industry
- Measuring, learning and surveying emissions with smart technology
View the full programme here.
LATEST PRESS RELEASE
A new milestone for Kuenz. Norfolk Southern Railway has ordered six Kuenz Freeriders – 11 Wide and 1... Read more
The Polish company Centrum Logistyczno Inwestycyjne Poznań II Sp. z o.o. is going to extend its inte... Read more
The company Linz Service GmbH will reconstruct its Terminal in Linz, in the East of Austria, and awa... Read more
Amsterdam, 10 September 2019 – Today, Smart Freight Centre and the World Business Council for Sustai... Read more
SANY Europe have had a very busy 1st half of 2019. Several orders have been secured and machines hav... Read more
The Estonian terminal operator HHLA TK Estonia, a fully owned subsidiary of Hamburger Hafen und Logi... Read more