Stanford le Hope
As part of DP World, one of the world’s largest terminal operators, London Gateway offers the opportunity to work for a global institution in a challenging working environment that relies upon team work, commitment and leadership.
London Gateway is a unique development that will combine the UK's newest deep-sea container port in London with Europe's largest logistics park.
The role is to monitor and control the Landside and Shipside movements of containers and vehicles throughout the Terminal to ensure operational requirements of the shift are met, including the remote operation of ASC’s, liaising with the Control Room Manager / Shift Manager.
The key objective is to monitor, control and direct Terminal Operations in an efficient manner, in accordance with company standards, policies and procedures.
- Using the Terminal operating systems, Control and monitor the shipside and landside operations.
- Liaise with Planners to ensure operations proceed in an efficient manner
- Working closely with other operational staff to meet the requirements of the port
- Answering all incoming calls from operators and others, accurately and promptly resolving problems through voice radio
- Monitor ASC operations to ensure yard moves are executed in an efficient manner
- Monitor quay crane productivity / performance to ensure vessel operations are completed in a timely manner
- Remotely operate ASC’s during the final landing phase of containers onto vehicles when required
- Remotely operate ASC’s from an office or outdoor environment, in circumstances that prevent the ASC from operating in automated mode
- Correct and update the TOS using a camera system when containers have been mis-read at the quayside by the OCR
- Liaise closely with the Control Room Manager and shift manager to ensure the impact of any problem is efficiently minimized
- Relay and record a clear and full description of machinery faults to the engineering department
- Accurately and speedily interpret written and verbal instruction and apply to the operation
- Perform a timely and effective handover
- Be fully flexible in the duties carried out within the Control Room
- Have a thorough knowledge of the Company’s operating procedures for Control and Terminal
- Attend training courses as required
- Ensure that a safe and healthy work environment exists, by adhering to company health, safety and environment policies, to achieve full compliance with the relevant legislation.
The above outlined responsibilities are not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other tasks that are appropriate to your role in addition to these.
Knowledge of Container Terminal Operations and procedures is essential
Minimum educational level; GCSE Maths and English grade C and above, or equivalent
We are looking for a talented, experienced, hands-on, strategy-led Marketing & PR Manager to join ou... Read more
Carnival UK has big plans for the future, already the market leader, CUK will grow by 50% by 2022 as... Read more
As part of DP World, one of the world’s largest terminal operators, London Gateway offers the opport... Read more
We are looking for a creative and motivated designer to join our award winning B2B media company wit... Read more
We are looking for a talented, experienced Sales Manager to join our award winning B2B media company... Read more