Ports and Maritime Engineer
Ports and Maritime Engineer
We are seeking a Civil / Structural Engineer to join our growing Ports and Maritime business to help drive further growth. The team is involved in a wide variety of civil/structural infrastructure projects with a diverse range of major UK and international clients across the maritime, defence, energy and transport sectors.
Jacobs Ports and Maritime provides specialist technical services in coastal zone infrastructure development. Our team specialises in commercial ports, bulk terminals, breakwaters and coastal defences, dredging and reclamation, marine off-loading facilities, sea water intakes and outfalls, and naval bases.
As a Ports and Maritime Engineer you will:
- Work within our established project teams to execute and deliver safe technical solutions to agreed standards, on-time, and within budget.
- Communicate and liaise effectively with colleagues
- Assist in the development of detailed designs and maintenance solutions for maritime structures.
- Carry out structural design and assessment calculations both by hand calculation and using a range of computer packages.
- Assist with structural inspections.
- Contribute to the production of reports.
- Assist with the preparation of contract documents, bills of quantities and specifications.
- Work closely with peers and mentors to plan tasks and contribute to our business goals.
- You will hold an accredited minimum level 2:1 MEng degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (or equivalent).
- An interest in Ports and Maritime engineering.
- The drive and motivation to become a chartered engineer.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to produce well-presented reports.
- Proven team working skills and a strong customer focus.
- Good IT skills (including Microsoft Office) and aptitude to learning new analysis programmes.
- Relevant post graduate work experience.
- Membership with a professional institution (Institution of Civil Engineers).
- Some ability in the use of Structural Analysis software.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do. We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall . We are also Disability Confident Committed ; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts.When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks , centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values. To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected. JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
The Thames is a growing port, the UK’s second biggest, and the Port of London Authority (PLA) is one... Read more
A well established shipping services provider are looking for a new Trainee/Port Agent to join their... Read more
Exclusive Networks is a value-add distributor specialised in the marketing of new security, storage ... Read more
Inchcape Shipping Services provides global strategic maritime, cargo and supply chain solutions to s... Read more
We are looking for an experienced Sales Executive to join our award winning B2B media company. Merc... Read more