Port Terminal Manager
Associated British Ports
Port Terminal Manager
Kingston upon Hull
Are you an experienced leader looking for a new challenge in port management? Are you an expert in port and container operations?
Realising safety is of paramount importance – as a Terminal Manager you will strive to achieve “Beyond Zero Harm” ensuring the Hull Container Terminal operates in the most efficient way possible. You will guide your team to provide an enhanced customer experience by providing exceptional service levels to achieve a financial performance which exceeds ABP’s expectations. You will also be involved in commercial relationships (with support from ABP’s Commercial team). Key to delivering the above will be to ensure Hull Container Terminal operates with an engaged workforce.
You will already be familiar with the maintenance of safe operations and will ensure the terminal is managed in accordance with ABP Safety Management Systems. You will be a confident and self-directed leader, with a drive for unleashing potential in your people and teams.
- Full ownership of the defined Operational KPI suite to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure stringent compliance to legislative and ABP’s pre-defined Health, Safety & Environmental guidelines, ensuring strict control measures are in place and understood by all staff.
- Develop direct links and relationships with customers, ensuring customer service and commercial requests are owned and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Grow the existing customer base of Hull Container Terminal and ensure the terminal can maximise revenues by offering a complete suite of Value Added Services.
- Promote and work to ABP’s core values, ensuring standards are consistently applied amongst the team.
- Lead the Health and Safety aspects of the business unit:
- Communicate and drive forward safety initiatives.
- Promote a positive safety culture.
- Deal with and report any unsafe/ poor practices.
- Conduct appropriate investigations.
- Identify and lead initiatives to improve Health and Safety performance throughout the business areas.
- Ensure full terminal/employee involvement of Risk Assessments and SSoW.
- Analyse appropriate H&S KPIs e.g. near misses, damages, injuries, environmental incidents etc. ensuring preventative/corrective measures are in place and the results trended.
- Effective management of a full P&L for the Terminal.
- Full ownership and responsibility for security within the Terminal to include asset, property, customer property and cargos, and personnel.
- The effective use of Continuous Improvement techniques to improve Safety, Operational, Commercial and Financial KPIs.
- Hold formal periodic customer review meetings which encompass performance overview, additional business opportunities and future projections of the customers own business.
- Establish strong relationships with internal support functions and key stakeholders.
- Significant and proven operational/logistics management knowledge and skills – must be evidenced in your application.
- Commercially astute and highly customer focused.
- NEBOSH National General Certificate or equivalent.
- Knowledge and accountability of managing and developing teams.
- Budgetary responsibility.
- Change management.
- Previous container terminal knowledge and experience.
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to progress your career within ABP. There may be future opportunities for secondments and moves to other management opportunities across our 21 UK ports.
Please be advised this role will close once sufficient applications have been received.
We are seeking a Deputy Port Manager to join our client based on the South Coast of the UK. This is ... Read more
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists... Read more
Are you an experienced leader looking for a new challenge in port management? Are you an expert in p... Read more