Port Safety Superintendent
Port Safety Superintendent
Would you like to be a part of transforming Europe's leading Ferry Company? Stena Line is in an exciting period of change, when it comes to digitalization and truly being an innovative forward-thinking company. We are transforming the way we work to meet both the business’ needs as well as our customer’s expectations. We want to become an even more customer focused, digital and sustainable company that is attractive both for customers, employees and partners.
Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Identify and lead on safety initiatives and improvements to enhance port safety.
- Ensure that Group Port and Terminals are compliant with the Port and Terminal Safety Management System of the company.
- Provide advice to Operation Managers and Port Managers on all safety matters.
- Conduct audits and inspections of Group Port and Terminals and ensure all findings are closed out in good time.
- Carry out detailed incident investigations, root cause analysis and make appropriate recommendations.
- Advise and assist with PMSC/ISO 14001:2015 compliance, regulations and updates.
- Part of the emergency / crisis management team.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Shore based Health and Safety Qualification eg NEBOSH/BSC, Environmental NEBOSH/BSC or similar.
- Knowledge and application of safety standards and regulations is a key requirement for this role.
- Audit experience.
- Previous experience in emergency response team would be an advantage for this role.
Stena Line is one of the world’s largest ferry companies and has Europe’s most comprehensive route network. Our business focus is on transportation of both passengers and freight. We operate in Scandinavia, around UK and the Baltics and employ over 5 000 people, the majority working with service and sales. At Stena Line we believe everything starts with Care. For us it means that we care about our customers, our business, the environment and we care about each other. Read more at www.stenaline.com
We want to make sure that our company is a fair and inclusive place to work for everyone. For us it is never acceptable to discriminate and we are firmly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity or disability. Join us on our journey!
We are looking for an experienced and talented Editor to join our leading, award winning B2B media c... Read more
An opportunity currently exists to join the Briggs Group, an established company specialising in mar... Read more
Applicants are invited to apply for the above vacancy within the Operations Department, based at Hey... Read more
Would you like to be a part of transforming Europe's leading Ferry Company? Stena Line is in an exci... Read more
We are looking for a committed and reliable individuals to join our client to help support the safe,... Read more