Associated British Ports
Kingston upon Hull
ABP are looking for committed and reliable individuals to join the Operations Department of the Humber region to help support the safe, efficient and successful running of its ports.
You will be a proactive and safety conscious individual who will work with multiple cargo types, plant and machinery to agreed targets and deadlines. Following a period of initial training you will undertake day-to-day operational activities that could include:
- Cleaning (including industrial)
- General Stevedoring
- Stevedoring Cape Vessels
- Weighbridge / Gatehouse
- Tug Driving (landside)
- Hopper Driving
- Fork Lift Truck (up to 7.5t fork attachment)
This is a great opportunity to develop your career within ABP. As an ABP employee you will receive hands-on training to develop your skills and knowledge in port operations and compliance. This will equip you to operate plant and equipment (including pre-start checks), during vessel loading /discharging and cargo storage operations.
- Pro-active attitude to Health and Safety and a willingness to contribute to/improve Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work.
- Experience of working in a busy & fast paced environment with the ability to work towards set targets.
- Strong team working abilities and a can-do attitude.
- Good communication skills.
- Full UK driving license (car or motorbike) and ideally, will have own transport.
- A willingness to attain Port Operations to NVQ level 2/3 or equivalent.
- Numeracy and Literacy skills.
- Ability to navigate IT equipment e.g. smart phone, hand held terminals etc.
- Previous experience of contributing to Risk Assessment and Safe Systems of Work.
- Experience of operating plant and equipment in a similar industrial environment (Cranedriving and Cargo Lashing would be particularly advantageous).
We expect the role-holder to be able to work at other terminals and ports within the Humber region (Immingham, Grimsby, Hull & Goole) to ensure adequate cover at all times.
Cleaning of equipment and site and assisting in various other port duties some of which may be of a physical nature and may include working at height.
Applicants are invited to apply for the above vacancy within the Port Operations Department, based a... Read more
SVITZER is the largest global company within towage and related services. We employ over 4000 employ... Read more
Vacancies have arisen for Port Operatives in the North Terminal working in J Gang at Immingham. Read more
ABP are looking for committed and reliable individuals to join the Operations Department of the Humb... Read more
An opportunity to work within the shipping department of a well-respected trading company, you will ... Read more