Peel Ports Group
Applicants are invited to apply for the above vacancy within the Operations Department, based at the Port of Liverpool. These positions are permanent nights only.
Role Purpose: To work within a team to carry out operations efficiently, effectively and in a safe manner. To ensure the on-time delivery of planned activity, continuous flow of productivity and high customer satisfaction levels.Initially trained as a Shiphand (Labourer), with expectation to progress into other roles, which may include:
- Tug Driver
- Fork Lift Truck Driver
- Hatch Clerk
- Straddle Carrier Operator
- Gantry Crane Operator
- Applicants interested in this role should ideally possess the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity in all aspects of the job
- A positive attitude towards flexible working and the necessity to work hours as per operational requirements
- Able to understand and accurately follow management instructions and procedures -Strong communication skills, with the ability to work as part of a team efficiently
- A full valid Driving Licence is essential
- Adhere to our Safety365 policies with specific responsibility for ensuring the safe working of all staff.
- Successful applicants will be required to complete the following during their training process:
- Driver Induction Training
- Manual Handling Assessment
- A full pre-employment medical (working at heights and depth perception)
Salary and Benefits
In return you will receive:
- Company Pension with Matching Contributions of up to 3%
- Life Assurance
Peel Ports is More than Ports. It's a unique network that connects everything from ports and terminals, shipping lines, fabrications and repair operations.
It's a network that we're constantly developing and growing. With our strategically located ports across the UK, we are able to offer unique logistics solutions for our container and unitised customers and link seamlessly with our RoRo and LoLo connections. Everything Peel Ports does is designed to bring added value to every service we offer our clients.
Our core values are Personal Responsibility, Integrity and Honesty, Strive for Excellence, Heartfelt Customer Service, One team.
Peel Ports is committed to a workplace free from harm. Our Safety365 strategy helps deliver the highest health and safety standards.
We are looking for a talented, experienced Media advertising sales person to join our award winning ... Read more
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists... Read more
Applicants are invited to apply for the above vacancy within the Operations Department, based at the... Read more
Who are we… At DFDS people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents, prov... Read more
A leading terminal operator located in Lagos, Nigeria, that handles both container and bulk cargoes ... Read more