Port Operative - J Gang
Vacancies have arisen for Port Operatives in the North Terminal working in J Gang at Immingham.
You will be responsible for handling and preparing all cargoes during working operations of any allocated Ro-Ro, Lo-Lo, conventional vessels and any / all associated Terminal activities. The role will be accountable to ensure that all operations are carried out correctly and in accordance with any legislative requirements and Company policy in a safe and efficient manner.
What you will do… The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Load, discharge and restow ships.
- Tally cargo, check for any anomalies.
- Check all mechanical handling equipment is in working order and that daily defect reports are completed.
- Plug and unplug temperature-controlled units as directed.
- Handle all cargo for storage, warehousing or any other purpose, within the Terminal area,
- Segregate hazardous cargo and handle hazardous cargo correctly at all times.
- Use of Terminal Computer Systems.
- Lashing and Securing Cargo.
- Manual Handling.
- Ensure the Terminals are kept clear, clean and safe for working at all times.
- Ensure all aspects of ISPS security controls according to Department for Transport (Maritime Security Compliance) legislation are carried out in the correct manner.
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Applicants are invited to apply for the above vacancy within the Port Operations Department, based a... Read more
SVITZER is the largest global company within towage and related services. We employ over 4000 employ... Read more
Vacancies have arisen for Port Operatives in the North Terminal working in J Gang at Immingham. Read more
ABP are looking for committed and reliable individuals to join the Operations Department of the Humb... Read more
An opportunity to work within the shipping department of a well-respected trading company, you will ... Read more