Who are we… At DFDS people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents, provide challenge and opportunity for personal development. We also make sure that you know what a difference you make to our business and how you can be proud of building one of Northern Europe’s largest shipping and logistics companies.
The Role… A vacancy has arisen for a Port Operative based in the South Side Warehouses for DFDS Seaways (Immingham). To handle all cargo during working operations of any allocated Terminal/Warehouse, Lo-Lo, Conventional/Side Port vessels areas and any/all associated Terminal activities. To ensure that all operations are carried out correctly and in accordance with any legislative requirements and Company policy in a safely and efficient manner.
Who we want… The role is to work contracted hours of 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
- Load, discharge and stow cargo as required.
- Tally cargo, report discrepancies.
- Receive and deliver cargo, safely, to and from vehicles.
- Handle all cargo for storage, warehousing or any other purpose, within the Terminal area.
- Segregate hazardous cargo and handle hazardous cargo correctly at all times (under supervision of qualified person).
- Examine cargo for any damage.
- Report any damage to cargo, plant or equipment to Charge hand/Foreman.
- Operate translifter, tug and other machinery as required.
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
We are looking for a talented, experienced Media advertising sales person to join our award winning ... Read more
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists... Read more
Applicants are invited to apply for the above vacancy within the Operations Department, based at the... Read more
Who are we… At DFDS people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents, prov... Read more
A leading terminal operator located in Lagos, Nigeria, that handles both container and bulk cargoes ... Read more