Port Operations Manager - Irish Sea South
Port Operations Manager - Irish Sea South
Stena Line is in an exciting period of change, when it comes to digitalisation and truly being an innovative forward-thinking company. Step by step, we are transforming the shipping industry moving towards achieving our vision - Connecting Europe for a sustainable future. At Stena Line, we are like family and friends to each other. We work hard together to solve problems and make a difference because we know that challenges make us grow. The journey starts with us!
We are looking for a new Port Operations Manager for business region Irish Sea South (Holyhead – Dublin, Fishguard – Rosslare, Rosslare Cherbourg). The role is directly responsible for the operations (stevedoring and Check-In) in Holyhead Port, with overall responsibility for our operations in Dublin, Fishguard, Rosslare and Cherbourg.
In addition, the role acts as the regional representative within the pan European team of Port Operations Managers driving the development of port and terminal operation within Stena Line’s network of 30 ports and terminals in Europe.
- Leadership of the regional Irish Sea South ports and terminal organisation
- Ensure safe and efficient port operations (stevedoring and Check-In), in accordance with Stena Line company policy and standards
- Take ownership of, align, develop and implement ports & terminals improvements and strategies in the region
- Implementation of new digital processes and practices
- Proactively participate in the international Stena Line’s Port Operations Managers organisation
- Drive the digital development agenda for the region as per corporate direction
- Ensure performance of internal and external suppliers including contract negotiations
- Coordinate and maintain the relationship with ship management, port operators, authorities, owners and other port stakeholders
- Responsible for fulfilling legal environmental and safety obligations
- Ensure highest standards with regards the provision of customer service
- Qualification in nautical, logistical or commercial business area
- Proven professional leadership experience in the field of Port & Operation Management
- Strategic thinking, service orientation, resilience and assertiveness
Who are you?
At Stena Line your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We are looking for someone with a high integrity that can break down complex problems into simpler and manageable tasks.
You want to dig deep and are not afraid of asking questions to identify the root causes of a problem. We believe you have excellent communication skills and be able to build long lasting relationships across all functions. You are engaged, loyal and know how to collaborate to achieve a common goal. You should also know when and how to get things done using both formal and informal networks. You are hard-working and act independently with minimal supervision.
This is a permanent full-time position, based at Stena House, Holyhead, Anglesey.
The successful candidate will be required to travel on a regular basis.
If you are confident you have the ability and experience, please send your cv by email as soon as possible but no later than 21 June 2019.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact the responsible HR Manager on 01407606660 .
About Stena Line
Stena Line is one of the world’s largest ferry companies and has Europe’s most comprehensive route network. Our business focuses on the transportation of both passengers and freight. We operate in Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics and employ 5,100 people, the majority working with service and sales. At Stena Line we live our values no matter what we do, by caring for our customers, our resources and each other.
- Management: 5 years (Required)
- operations management: 5 years (Preferred)
Flexible Working Options Available:
- Not offered
As a Senior Maritime Engineer, your main responsibilities will include: Read more
Port Express are looking for a trainee junior container transport planner for their Southampton oper... Read more
Stena Line is in an exciting period of change, when it comes to digitalisation and truly being an in... Read more
We are looking for a talented, experienced media advertising sales person to join our award winning ... Read more