Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services.
- To design and project manage maritime and port master planning and feasibility, technical due diligence and logistical advisory projects on time and to budget.
- To provide a highly responsive maritime advice service to all Arup offices.
- To assist in the preparation of fee proposals and winning work.
- To support and guide younger maritime engineers.
- To assist in marketing Arup’s maritime capability whenever appropriate.
- Port master planning, focussing on principles of flexible terminal layout planning and concept design development of associated maritime structures
- You will provide support to our Business Investment Advisory team supporting technical elements (infrastructure capex/ opex and terminal capacity and bottlenecks) of Financial Models and due diligence/ transaction advisory projects
- You will project manage multi-disciplinary teams for maritime projects.
- You will assist the maritime leader in developing the maritime business.
- You will develop client and other associated professional relationships.
- You will participate in management meetings.
- Network internationally within Arup, business trips with UK and overseas would occasionally be required.
- Experience in the planning, design, construction and management of projects in the ports and maritime sector across the full project life cycle: initial feasibility studies, master planning, concept design, detailed design, tendering, contract administration, construction supervision and acquisition.
- Experience in leading international projects within the ports market sectors will include container terminals, dry and liquid bulk terminals (including LNG and O&G) and cruise/ro-ro terminals
- Understanding of port operations and of material handling equipment and techniques and analysis of terminal logistics and capacity and productivity analysis planning
- Site analysis and specification of appropriate data collection (metocean, geotechnical)
- Concept design development focusing on principles of flexible terminal layout planning and concept design development of associated maritime structures
- Understanding of the physical layout issues such as port access and egress, border controls, check-in, assembly lanes, berths, ferry access/egress and resilience
- Project management experience for small to medium size projects
- Exposure dealing directly with clients
- A proven ability to work in teams, to multi-task and to work to deadlines.
- Chartered status through ICE or other relevant body.
- Degree qualified: Masters Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of coastal and geomorphological processes and modelling which affect the port development adjacent coastline
- Knowledge and understanding of market analysis and traffic forecasting techniques
- Visualisations and stakeholder engagement
- Design management- integrating work by others – and team management
- Skill sharing; mentoring and training of younger engineers
- Track record of delivering small/medium projects on time and on budget
- Experience managing relationships with clients
Reward and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance
We are looking for a talented, experienced Media advertising sales person to join our award winning ... Read more
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists... Read more
Applicants are invited to apply for the above vacancy within the Operations Department, based at the... Read more
Who are we… At DFDS people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents, prov... Read more
A leading terminal operator located in Lagos, Nigeria, that handles both container and bulk cargoes ... Read more