SVITZER is the largest global company within towage and related services. We employ over 4000 employees and have a fleet of over 500 tugs. We are part of the Denmark-based A.P. Moller/Maersk group – the world`s largest group of maritime companies.
Reporting to the Port Manager you will provide operational support to the Port team to deliver towage services within the operational area of that port, build and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and the local port authorities and the crews.
Working on a week on week off 24/7 rota basis which includes out of hours telephone duties, you will be based in the Humber office covering the operation.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Applicants should have the relevant visa/permits to live and work in the UK, hold a valid passport and driving licence.
- To receive orders from the customer, organising the scheduling and logistics of fleet in order to ensure most efficient use of assets to deliver optimum service.
- To provide crewing operations and tug utilisation ensuring that obligations for availability of expertise, equipment and personnel are met at all times in order to maintain customer satisfaction and operational efficiency.
- Working closely with the Commercial team use best available information to seek towage agreements with customers for towage services to maximise revenue.
- Deal with requests for coastal, work, salvages or special services as they arise ensuring that all relevant parties are informed as promptly and accurately as possible.
- Maintain a good relationship and co-ordinate regularly with other port stakeholders, including the port authority, harbour master and pilots.
- Participate in an agreed rota system to provide 24 hour coverage for towage operations and emergency service.
- Liaise with crew to maintain operational rotas, and ensure compliance with relevant working time legislation.
- Arrange holiday and sickness cover and keep accurate records of both holiday and sick leave, entering relevant information on to HR database.
- Input of crew payroll for the local operation to ensure crews are paid in accordance with agreed pay scales and local agreement.
- Regularly process operational invoice information which has been entered into sales database in order to keep an accurate record of work performed, and to facilitate efficient production of sales invoices.
- Act as first point of contact to crews for stores. Manage stores, ordering and delivery.
- Manage PPE – including distributions and ensuring supplies are retained in stores.
- Assist with all general administration tasks and undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time to ensure the operational efficiency of the business.
We are looking for
- 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above including Maths and English or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience within the Marine Industry preferred
- Experience in an administrational / operational role preferred
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong relationship building/customer service skills
- Ability to prioritise and plan work taking into account a number of difference potential scenarios
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines against changing requirements
- Works well with minimum supervision
- Good problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
Applicants are invited to apply for the above vacancy within the Port Operations Department, based a... Read more
SVITZER is the largest global company within towage and related services. We employ over 4000 employ... Read more
Vacancies have arisen for Port Operatives in the North Terminal working in J Gang at Immingham. Read more
ABP are looking for committed and reliable individuals to join the Operations Department of the Humb... Read more
An opportunity to work within the shipping department of a well-respected trading company, you will ... Read more