Greenergy supplies road fuel to customers in the UK and Canada. We operate globally with offices in Canada, the USA, Brazil and Dubai and source fuels from around the world, receiving over 700 shipments annually.
To deliver fuel to our customers, we also have an in-house haulage operation employing over 250 drivers. Greenergy is a major investor in the UK's fuel infrastructure, regenerating import terminals that are essential to the country's ongoing supply security. Each employee adds value to the business and the expectations are high. Greenergy is a big organisation with a small company mind-set. The work is diverse and interesting; we are constantly evolving and improving.
We are currently looking to recruit a Fuel Logistics Operator to join our team based in Grays in Essex. As a Logistics Operator you will ensure the highest standards of deliveries are met for all of our customers, ensuring that all scheduled deliveries are completed in line with the customers expectations.
This is a full time permanent position which offers an excellent salary, company benefits and career progression opportunities.
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will work 12 hour nights 18:30 - 06:30 on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern. Therefore weekend working is a requirement for this role.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Deliver the schedule, utilise resources efficiently and fulfil customer expectations.
- To establish and develop good working relationships with all stakeholders, including Customers, Drivers, Transport Managers, Customer Care and third party contractors.
- To ensure customer service is maximised and issues are dealt with to maintain high service levels – communicating direct with customers as necessary.
- To manage all driver operational / delivery queries in a timely and professional manner. Re-routing, scheduling and arranging deliveries accordingly.
- Ordering of all fuel for loading through required systems.
- Provide support to Transport Managers to ensure sufficient vehicles are available and maintain strong working relations with all maintenance providers to minimise vehicle down time.
- To monitor haulier performance closely to ensure deliveries are made in line with agreements and escalate when necessary.
- Ensuring all necessary information is fed back to the colleagues with in efficiently.
- Provide support to all customers.
- Assist with event investigation and closeout for issues.
- Crisis management – work closely with drivers and customers to minimise the impact to Greenergy business in the event of crossovers and spills.
Proven ability of working in an order and dispatch environment that is customer service focused, together with experience of vehicle scheduling.
- Prepared to take the lead and ownership of night shift operations
- Be able to prioritise, work well under pressure and communicate effectively
- Strong sense of Customer focus
- Strong UK geographical knowledge
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of the WTD
- Must be IT literate to an intermediate standard (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Team player
- Adaptable to new systems and processes
- Attention to detail and application of prevailing business processes
If you are interested in joining the Greenergy team, please submit a current CV along with a cover letter highlighting how you meet the competencies for the role and detailing your previous experience.
Your cover letter along with your CV will be used to assess your application, therefore applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we regret to advise you that we are unable to respond to Candidates who are not short listed for this role.
If you should have any queries regarding this position please call Debbie Rees 01827 302298 Strictly No Agencies.
We are looking for a committed and reliable individuals to join our client to help support the safe,... Read more
Join Svitzer and become part of an exciting, market leading, and vibrant company within the maritime... Read more
Our client based in London are currently seeking a Dry Bulk Operator. Read more