Solent Gateway Ltd
Hull & Goole
Are you a qualified Electrical Technician ready for your next challenge? We are looking a suitably qualified individual to support ABP’s Engineering team and our customers at our Hull and Goole ports, primarily working on our container terminal, ensuring essential maintenance works are carried out to sustain safe port operations.
- Carry out maintenance works in a diligent and timely manner to meet the requirements of port operations both individually and as part of a larger team, all in accordance with ABP’s risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- Attend breakdowns/ emergency situations during both normal hours and out of hours to carry out all necessary repairs.
- Assist the Engineering Maintenance Supervisors to identify future maintenance requirements/ repairs required
- Carryout maintenance works in conjunction with third party contractors as required.
- Extract work orders from the computerised maintenance management system (CMMS), undertake the required tasks extracted and input any associated work history.
- Communicate with both the marine and operations departments during servicing operations and the repair of plant and equipment.
- Organise plant, Labour and materials as required to undertake maintenance activities on an hour by hour basis.
- Undertake/ Review risk assessments as required in to undertake maintenance activities to be carried out as required.
- Experience fault finding across PLC systems
- Subject to receiving the appropriate training and subsequent authorisation, issue relevant Permits/Permissions/ Certificates of isolations in accordance with both ABP’s procedures and statutory requirements ensuring works are undertaken in a safe manner.
- Electrical engineering Qualification, time served apprentice as a minimum ideally with ONC/HNC or equivalent
- Proven experience in a similar maintenance role
- Strong fault-finding abilities
- Strong safety awareness and a proactive approach to Health and Safety best practice
- Good computer skills
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with colleagues from different functions
- Flexible approach to shift patterns
- CMMS experience
Are you a qualified Electrical Technician ready for your next challenge? We are looking a suitably ... Read more
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen for Permanent General Terminal Operatives to join a le... Read more
We are looking for a creative and motivated designer to join our award winning B2B media company wit... Read more
We are looking for a talented, experienced Sales Manager to join our award winning B2B media company... Read more