Digital Media Designer
Mercator Media Ltd
37.5 – though other working patterns will be considered
Digital Media Designer
We are looking for a creative and motivated designer to join our award winning B2B media company with an immediate start available.
Digital design will be the focus of the role – the ideal candidate will be able to use their skills in design, video editing and animation to create varied content in line with current and emerging design trends to be used across our digital channels. A key member of the marketing team, you will be expected to turn your hand to a multitude of design tasks with some challenging deadlines.
We are also looking for a candidate who is comfortable designing layouts and final artwork for more traditional repro materials, such as adverts and literature that requires a high visual impact.
Mercator Media produces leading specialist magazines, exhibitions, conferences and websites, predominantly serving the commercial marine sector with pan-European and international audiences. Our clients range from large international equipment manufacturers and suppliers, media agencies through to family-run vessel operators. The company is in an exciting growth stage, launching new events in the USA and East Asia plus a range of new digital services. With multiple brands, websites and events, this is a unique opportunity for a driven & creative Digital Media Designer to join a great B2B media company.
As a key member of the marketing team, you will work closely with the sales, production, events and conference teams on various projects. The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Producing and editing promotional video to enhance internal and client’s products and services
- Creating animated video for use across digital channels
- Delivering interactive design e.g. interactive PDF brochures, animated adverts
- Creating and improving existing digital design collateral, offering suggestions and implementing these
- Utilising Adobe Creative Cloud to produce interactive design
- Visualising design briefs and executing them using creative flair and brand knowledge
- Assisting the in-house production team with updates to static design collateral as required, e.g. adverts, brochures and other sales literature
- Presenting final designs to team and senior management, gaining final sign off from relevant stakeholders.
- Ensuring clearance and copyright for assets used.
- Ensure all graphic design jobs are completed on time and within budget.
Skills & Attributes:
- At least 2 years design experience in a similar role
- Creativity and a good understanding of technical processes
- A passion for creative design and digital media
- A high level of competency in using the Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, In Design and Photoshop
- Excellent time management and organisational skills to plan projects and meet deadlines
- Team working skills and a willingness to share knowledge and expertise to achieve common goals
- The motivation to keep up to date with technological developments and to work on a project from concept through to closure
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, with the ability to listen, respond and relate to stakeholders - in particular to explain things clearly to people who may not be very familiar with digital products.
- Knowledge of HTML5 animation would be an advantage
- Experience of HTML email design would be desirable
- An understanding of B2B publishing and associated marketing channels is desirable
- Industry knowledge desirable
BENEFITS: Free parking, company away days, incentive schemes, work place pension, death in
service Insurance, additional holiday purchase and much more.
Mercator Media Ltd is a family-friendly, equal opportunity employer, based in modern open offices just off the M27 in Fareham, Hampshire. Established in 1989, the company has over 55 employees. Mercator prides itself on recognising and rewarding talent. Our “people” are our greatest asset and we heavily invest in staff development, training and growth within the organisation.
To apply, send CV, with covering email outlining your experience and why you feel this would be an appropriate role for you to Syreeta Boulton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*** Position is in the Ascension Island *** Port Operations experience Read more
Main Duties/Responsibilities include Launch Boat Driver, Launch Boat Mate, Quayside Mooring, Manning... Read more
Songa Ship Management Ltd is currently searching for an experienced Vessel Operator to add to our te... Read more
Join Svitzer and become part of an exciting, market leading, and vibrant company within the maritime... Read more
We are looking for an experienced Sales Executive to join our award winning B2B media company. Merc... Read more