Deputy Port Manager
Solent Gateway Limited
Deputy Port Manager
£25,000 - £30,000 a year
Ensures the port operates as a safe, secure and efficient environment. Manage personnel effectively to ensure lean and appropriate labour allocation and skill sets.
Marchwood Port is a commercial port owned and operated by Solent Gateway Limited but shared with the Ministry of Defence.
Solent Gateway will establish new business when and where it is viable to do so in order to develop the business for the future.
Port operations are highly regulated and the commercial activity makes the port an extremely busy and complex operation.
We strive to ensure a zero accident and zero incident environment is achieved.
- Fulfil line management responsibilities to the General Terminal Supervisors and Operators.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety regulations both internal and external.
- Manage all on site assets effectively and the running thereof.
- Effective labour allocation and management.
- Line manage the General Terminal Supervisors ensuring ships are loaded, unloaded and correctly stowed in conjunction with load plans.
- Engage with both 17 and 165 Port and Maritime Regiments and act as the single point of contact for all MoD interaction regarding Sponsored Reserves recruitment and retention.
- Ensure all Sponsored Reserve (Stevedore and Port Enabling) capabilities are maintained at all times in accordance with the Concession Agreement.
- Provide returns to relevant stakeholders to ensure payments are received, KPI’s reached and documented and compliance to the concession agreement.
- Manage the Sponsored Reserve training and deployment forecast ensuring competencies are maintained and current.
- Attend career events to represent and promote SGL in relation to Sponsored Reserve recruitment.
- Maintain safe marine operations in accordance with the Port Marine Safety Code Requirements.
- Manage safe access and egress to jetty and vessels.
- Carry out site safety and operational audits and inspections to ensure asset condition is maintained and monitored.
- Carry out operation audits and inspections to ensure personnel behaviours are correct and compliant with requirements.
- Ensure a high quality, safe, efficient and cost effective service to all Port Users is maintained.
- Proactive and timely approach to day to day enquiries from agents, Masters and stakeholders.
- Collaborating with Port Officers and liaison with external agencies.
- Develop, review & improve procedures associated with the port operations.
- Take responsibility for the delivery of activities and/or projects required to satisfy Port Operations.
- Provide the emergency and oil spill response as outlined in Southampton and SGL Port emergency procedures.
- Ensure mooring operations are undertaken safely and timely at all times.
- Ensure safe vessel access is maintained.
- Issue permits and passes in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Report all security concerns/ suspicious behaviour.
- Deputise for the Port Manager as required.
- Provide an on-call cover service as required.
- Provide the highest levels of customer service at all times.
- Contribute as a team member to ensure the port is a safe working environment for all stakeholders.
- Complete all relevant documentation as required and to the correct standard within any specified timeframe.
- Comply with all relevant legislation, regulations, policies and procedures (internal and external).
- Successfully complete any identified training course deemed necessary for the role.
- Complete any other tasks commensurate to the role.
- Actively promote and develop continuous improvements at managerial level.
- Ensure compliance with procedures at all times.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Permanent Stevedores / Port and Terminal Operatives to join a... Read more
Associated British Ports are now recruiting for a Port Manager to manage our Garston Port, just seve... Read more
We are seeking a Graduate Civil / Structural Engineer to join our growing Ports and Maritime busines... Read more
We are looking for an experienced Sales Executive to join our award winning B2B media company. Merc... Read more
Ensures the port operates as a safe, secure and efficient environment. Manage personnel effectively ... Read more