Up to £27,703
Here at ABP we are currently recruiting for an Electrician to join our Engineering team at our busy Cardiff & Barry port.
The main purpose of the role is to provide an engineering service to electrical maintenance and project activities to ensure the smooth running of the ports. You will be required to isolate low voltage equipment and to issue/cancel certification after relevant training.
The port environment is unique and interesting, and you will be involved in the electrical maintenance of a port infrastructure
We are seeking for someone who has completed a time served apprenticeship and has experience of maintenance & breakdowns in heavy industry, with a flexible outlook and who enjoys working as part of a team.
For this role we offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
- To work in a safe and methodical manner to ABP’s Safe Systems of Work and take an active part in Risk Assessments.
- To carry out inspection, maintenance, fault diagnostics and installation work safely in line with all current legislation and ABP’s guidelines.
- Understand and work to ABP’s Permit to Work system.
- Ensure all work is completed to appropriate standard in a timely manner.
- Maintenance of cranes, machinery, ship locks, sluices and associated equipment.
- Maintenance of ABP’s LV electrical distribution systems.
- Maintenance and installation to port buildings including transit sheds, offices and repair of workshop machinery.
- Inspection, examination and test of electrical and electronic equipment.
- Co-operate closely with the other disciplines and contractors.
- Undertake cargo handling operations both ashore and on vessel in a flexible pattern as required (subject to suitable training).
Skills, experiences, qualifications and competencies
- Time served electrical apprentice with experience of maintenance in heavy industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Have a flexible approach to service delivery.
- A desire to help develop the role to best meet the requirements of ABP and customers.
- Full UK driving Licence.
- The ability to work at height
- Experience of operating port equipment, including mobile and quayside cranes would be desirable.
- Working knowledge of engineering/maintenance in a port industry would be desirable
- Confined space experience would be desirable.
Pathfinder are working with Shoreham Port to recruit local candidates interested in flexible, tempor... Read more
Here at ABP we are currently recruiting for an Electrician to join our Engineering team at our busy ... Read more
We currently have an opportunity for a full time Principal Engineer within our Ports and Maritime te... Read more
Exciting opportunity to join a leading port authority in the Engineering Department as Marine Mainte... Read more