Greenport Valencia 2018 - Call for papers released
Entitled ‘Developing Greenports today and for the future” submissions are now invited for the 2018 GreenPort Congress and Cruise Conference, hosted by the Valencia Port Spain from 16-19 October 2018.
The 14th Greenport Conference will be covering the following topics; please submit a 250-word abstract prior to April 20 on the email below.
- How to create 'the best for both worlds'
Impact of the energy transition
- How to make it and to manage the change
- What does the future hold? (e.g. where will energy come from)
Total Value Creation
- How to create total value
Responsible supply chains
- How to work in Partnerships on responsible supply chains
Reducing carbon footprint
- Measurement and calculation
- Initiatives and examples of reduction
Challenges for ports and terminals – what does the future hold?
- Dredging for ultra container vessels: costs, legal challenges
- Spatial planning/land consumption/infrastructure development
- Improving air quality/greenhouse gases reduction
- Making sense of the circular economy
- Managing congestion in and around the cruise port to cope with passenger influx
- Innovations to reduce energy consumption and emissions: port-side and land-side
- Improving hinterland connections
- Involving port users and stakeholders to plan for changing market needs
- Dealing with the effects of climate change on the cruise port
- Coping with larger vessels
Port Reception facilities
- Directive update
- Getting buy-in of all port users
Preference will be given to abstracts from ports and terminals illustrating good practices where an impact has been made to lower noise/emissions/improve air quality/ relieve congestion/reduce energy consumption etc. Suppliers of equipment to achieve the above are also invited to submit abstracts and case studies, particularly in conjunction with testimonials from ports.
Abstracts of approximately 250 words should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 April 2018 and include a synopsis of 50 words together with a speaker biography and photograph.
For further information contact the Events team on +44 1329 825335 or email email@example.com.
Follow the event on Twitter @GPCongress.