Green London Gateway to open in 2013
The environmentally-friendly London Gateway is set to open before the end of 2013
The UK’s new global shipping port and logistics centre project, London Gateway, will open at the end of 2013, owners DP World have announced.
DP World say that that it will be ‘Britain’s most environmentally-friendly major new port’ and that ‘UK business will soon be able to take advantage of a more cost effective, greener way of getting the nation’s goods to consumers’.
Simon Moore, chief executive of London Gateway said, "I’m very pleased to be able to take London Gateway forward to opening, our team is 100% committed to delivering supply chain savings from Q4 2013 onwards. London Gateway will offer a unique proposition to British cargo owners. Importers and exporters will be provided greater choice and opportunity to take costs out of their supply chains and reduce their environmental impact."
In addition to the opening date, the company announced the creation of an extra 1,000 jobs – 700 new construction jobs and 300 new port jobs in the coming months.
When complete, the London Gateway will be the largest deep-sea port in the UK.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- UN environmental youth programme launched
- Benchmark emissions reduction for London port
- Electric powered shuttle carrier pilot project
- Green equipment order for Australian operator
- Electric charging points growing
- DP World looks to Tesla technology
- DP World promotes solar energy usage
- Calculating the carbon footprint of the whole supply chain
- Expertise in logistics
- DP World recognised for green performance
- Joint port environmental initiative
- London Gateway creates new wildlife habitat
- Green certification for DP World
- How terminal operators deal with carbon management
- Lighting the way
- Carbon Disclosure Project
- DPW announces environment award winners
- Sustainability key to London Gateway construction
- Saigon’s ECO-RTG order
- Expanding super postpanamax capability
- London Gateway gains prize
- Green London Gateway to open in 2013
- Jebel Ali makes the switch
- DP World and HPH go ‘green’
- Industry leaders ‘Go Green’
- Harnessing solar power in Dubai
- 'Go Green' campaign a "great success"
- Green initiative ends on a high note
- Ports endorse “lean and green” strategy
- Mega terminal for Chennai
- “Sustainability clause” central to DP World/Brisbane lease
- DP World wins sustainability award
- DPW Melbourne invests in greener equipment
- Musco lights up Jebel Ali