Helsinki gets MoorMaster technology
MoorMaster has arrived at the Port of Helsinki
The Port of Helsinki has opened its new West Terminal 2 passenger ferry terminal where MoorMaster technology will help large ferries moor more efficiently.
The Cavotec MoorMaster MM400E15 machines at the LJF berth will moor the new-build, 212m Tallink Megastar and the Tallink Star passenger ferries three times a day each.
Mooring of these vessels takes a matter of seconds compared to conventional mooring that would take substantially longer. This means the ferries are moored safely, quietly, cleanly and more efficiently.
"The new auto-mooring system will significantly speed up the mooring and unmooring of ships. For local residents, the system also has the benefit of reducing noise and emissions," said a statement from the Port of Helsinki.
Development of West Terminal 2 included the construction of a new berths and a terminal building, passenger bridges and access roads. It is the largest single investment project undertaken by the port in the past ten years.
The opening ceremony was attended by a large number of guests and a number of speakers, including Finland's Minster for Foreign Trade and Development, Kai Mykkänen, the CEO of the Port of Helsinki, Kimmo Mäki, the CEO of Eckerö Line, Taru Keronen and the CEO of Tallink Silja, Margus Schults.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- €10m in port equipment orders for Cavotec
- Working together to reduce emissions
- Helsinki gets MoorMaster technology
- Cavotec powers ship of the year
- Continued wins for Cavotec
- Innovative vessel charging and mooring
- Kalmar secures two new orders
- Cavotec wins Finland ferry contract
- Shore to ship power partnership
- Cavotec and Mooring Systems sign pact
- Modelling for safer solutions
- Faster, safer, more secure
- Suction mooring rises to the challenge
- Cavotec presses for cold ironing in California
- Cavotec reels in DP world
- Electrifying anodes for NJ facility
- Cavotec bulks up
- Hedland adds to Moormaster family
- Mooring specialists throw down challenge to tradition
- Cavotec reels in the business
- AMP'd up, Cavotec style
- Salalah tests put MoorMaster through its paces
- Cavotec holds capital base
- Cavotec nets 24-strong order
- Cavotec electrified by DPW order
- Better protected
- A happy union
- Cavotec pairs listing with capital boost
- Cavotec plans Sweden relist
- Cavotec maintains steady growth
- Approvals or assumptions?
- Sucking up could help box terminals
- "Green" importance grows slowly in fenders
- US moves towards offshore power
- Shore power inaugerated at Rotterdam
- Shore power leads the way
- POLA orders Cavotec power systems
- Cavotec seminar on zero emissions
- Cavotec pushes shore power
- Ystad hosts shore power seminar
- Green equipment on the agenda
- Cavotec shore power
- Cavotec secures €7.2m of orders
- Jebel Ali makes the switch
- Cavotec wins big with €12m orders
- Winners of ‘Electric and Hybrid Marine Awards’ announced
- Electrical power to Turkey
- Norwegian shore power initiative
- Customer connections
- Cavotec powers up ports
- Shore side power at Bergen