Cavotec powers up ports
Cavotec's AMP reels for fixed installations have a global reach Photo: Cavotec
Global engineering group, Cavotec, has secured over €10m in port equipment orders which includes two separate orders for its Alternative Maritime Power (AMP) systems from a European ship owner.
One of the order consists of six AMP reels for fixed installations and the other is for AMPTainer, the containerised shore power solution that enables the connection of vessels to electrical power.
AMPTainer equipment is a popular market for the group because it minimises the modification work required on the vessels to accommodate shore side power equipment.
Away from the shore side power orders, the group has also secured a multitude of other orders for its advanced crane technologies.
A total of five orders have been received from port equipment manufacturer ZPMC, the most substantial of which is for cable reels that will supply electrical power to 72 ZPMC Automated Stacking Cranes (ASCs) for use at the Pasir Panjang Terminal at the Port of Singapore (PSA).
For the same terminal, Cavotec will provide 28 spreader cable reels for ship-to-shore (STS) container cranes.
The group has also won an order to supply three gantry reels and three spreader reels for three ZPMC ship-to-shore container cranes for the Port of Lomé in Togo, operated by TIL, a further example of the group’s commitment to increased expansion in the African ports sector.
When it comes to Cavotec's ERTG technologies, the group has been awarded a contract to supply cable equipment for 11 automated Konecranes RTGs for Indonesia's port authority, Pelindo. It will also supply motorised cable reels for five STS container cranes.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Shore power could slash Norwegian emissions
- €10m in port equipment orders for Cavotec
- Working together to reduce emissions
- Helsinki gets MoorMaster technology
- Cavotec powers ship of the year
- Continued wins for Cavotec
- Innovative vessel charging and mooring
- Kalmar secures two new orders
- Cavotec wins Finland ferry contract
- Shore to ship power partnership
- Cavotec and Mooring Systems sign pact
- Modelling for safer solutions
- Faster, safer, more secure
- Suction mooring rises to the challenge
- Cavotec presses for cold ironing in California
- Cavotec reels in DP world
- Electrifying anodes for NJ facility
- Cavotec bulks up
- Hedland adds to Moormaster family
- Mooring specialists throw down challenge to tradition
- Cavotec reels in the business
- AMP'd up, Cavotec style
- Salalah tests put MoorMaster through its paces
- Cavotec holds capital base
- Cavotec nets 24-strong order
- Cavotec electrified by DPW order
- Better protected
- A happy union
- Cavotec pairs listing with capital boost
- Cavotec plans Sweden relist
- Cavotec maintains steady growth
- Approvals or assumptions?
- Sucking up could help box terminals
- "Green" importance grows slowly in fenders
- US moves towards offshore power
- Shore power inaugerated at Rotterdam
- Shore power leads the way
- POLA orders Cavotec power systems
- Cavotec seminar on zero emissions
- Cavotec pushes shore power
- Ystad hosts shore power seminar
- Green equipment on the agenda
- Cavotec shore power
- Cavotec secures €7.2m of orders
- Jebel Ali makes the switch
- Cavotec wins big with €12m orders
- Winners of ‘Electric and Hybrid Marine Awards’ announced
- Electrical power to Turkey
- Norwegian shore power initiative
- Customer connections
- Cavotec powers up ports
- Shore side power at Bergen