Kalmar sets emissions benchmark
The seven straddle carriers have resulted in a 37% decrease in fuel consumption compared to a conventional diesel-electric machine
Kalmar’s hybrid straddle carriers, delivered to MSC Home Terminal in Antwerp earlier this year, have set the industry benchmark for fuel consumption and emissions.
During one month of operation at the terminal, which is the most important European hub for MSC, the seven straddle carriers, including one new-generation hybrid machine, have resulted in a 37% decrease in fuel consumption compared to a conventional diesel-electric machine.
The results show an average fuel consumption level of 12.3 litres per hour. This reduces the carbon dioxide emission by 97 tonnes per year compared to a traditional machine.
Kalmar’s hybrid straddle carrier is equipped with a new active stability control system and ensures smooth and safe driving by continuously monitoring speed, turn radius and the spreader’s position, slowing the vehicle automatically when needed.
Its redesigned cabin features improvements in ergonomics and safety, such as electrically operating rotatable chair and better visibility with less night time reflections.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- First fully electric medium-range forklift
- Electric powered shuttle carrier pilot project
- Green equipment order for Australian operator
- New Port 2060 vision revealed
- Electric straddle carrier order
- Greener equipment to meet efficiency goals
- Kalmar upgrades diesel forklift range
- Electric trucks for Germany
- Kalmar secures 34 reachstacker deal
- Low emission engines for Kalmar
- Screw-type ship unloader preferred on environmental grounds
- Alumina ship loader for Brazil
- Automated lashing efficiency for containers
- Kalmar cranes reduce fuel consumption
- Deal won by both technology and support
- Cargotec introduces new electrical winch
- Cargotec unloaders for multiple ports
- Kalmar to supply India with all electric RTGs
- Cargotec cranes for new PIL vessels
- Kalmar straddle carriers for New Zealand
- Kalmar’s environmental focus
- Shuttle carrier order
- Kalmar RTGs for Indonesia
- Kalmar unveils hybrid 'first'
- Kalmar prototype dual fuel reachstacker
- Felixstowe commits to being green
- Kalmar sets emissions benchmark
- Electric straddle carrier delivery
- More Kalmar RTGs for Poland
- Kalmar hybrid shuttles bound for US
- Siwertell helps ABP Immingham unload
- New more efficient Kalmar ASC
- Kalmar equipment in demand
- Hybrid shuttle carriers to clean up Virginia
- Siwertell coal unloader for Itaqui
- World First - Hybrid Prime Mover launched in Singapore
- Cargotec's first Zero Emission RTGs to Asia
- China Navigation orders Cargotec cranes