Kalmar’s environmental focus
Kalmar's Gloria marks the company's 5th generation reackstacker
At TOC Europe last week, Kalmar, part of Cargotec, told 'GreenPort' that it's focussing on the environment and sustainability to keep at the forefront of port equipment development.
This comes as the company launched its latest reachstacker, Gloria, which features three new Eco Modes providing up to a 20% saving on fuel, a new Start/Stop function providing a further 10% fuel saving and meets European Stage 4 and Tier 4 and EPA emission legislations.
Olli Isotalo, president, Kalmar, said: “Today, more customers are calculating in real terms the total cost of ownership, meaning not just the purchase price, but also the cost of owning the machine including services, fuel consumption, and productivity.”
Mr Isotalo explained that the latest G-generation of reachstackers, has been developed with this in mind and will be a key theme going forward.
Mikael Persson, vice president, reachstackers and empty container handlers, Kalmar, added: “Every discussion I hear is fuel saving, fuel consumption, and cost of ownership, so it’s definitely something we need to work on even more.”
Also launched at TOC, the DCF50-90 forklift truck is the latest in the series of light range of five to nine tonne capacity machines and the first to be equipped with an selective catalytic reduction (SCR) traction control system.
Along with the new 77kW and 85kW Agco engines, this system combines to reduce fuel consumption and meet the latest EU (Stage IIIB/Tier 4) emission requirements.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- First fully electric medium-range forklift
- Electric powered shuttle carrier pilot project
- Green equipment order for Australian operator
- New Port 2060 vision revealed
- Electric straddle carrier order
- Greener equipment to meet efficiency goals
- Kalmar upgrades diesel forklift range
- Electric trucks for Germany
- Kalmar secures 34 reachstacker deal
- Low emission engines for Kalmar
- Screw-type ship unloader preferred on environmental grounds
- Alumina ship loader for Brazil
- Automated lashing efficiency for containers
- Kalmar cranes reduce fuel consumption
- Deal won by both technology and support
- Cargotec introduces new electrical winch
- Cargotec unloaders for multiple ports
- Kalmar to supply India with all electric RTGs
- Cargotec cranes for new PIL vessels
- Kalmar straddle carriers for New Zealand
- Kalmar’s environmental focus
- Shuttle carrier order
- Kalmar RTGs for Indonesia
- Kalmar unveils hybrid 'first'
- Kalmar prototype dual fuel reachstacker
- Felixstowe commits to being green
- Kalmar sets emissions benchmark
- Electric straddle carrier delivery
- More Kalmar RTGs for Poland
- Kalmar hybrid shuttles bound for US
- Siwertell helps ABP Immingham unload
- New more efficient Kalmar ASC
- Kalmar equipment in demand
- Hybrid shuttle carriers to clean up Virginia
- Siwertell coal unloader for Itaqui
- World First - Hybrid Prime Mover launched in Singapore
- Cargotec's first Zero Emission RTGs to Asia
- China Navigation orders Cargotec cranes