Kalmar to supply India with all electric RTGs
Kalmar's E-One2 RTGs will reduce emissions and fuel consumption at Concor's terminal
As part of the global cargo handling solutions company, Cargotec, Kalmar has won a contract to supply three of its E-One² rubber-tyred gantry cranes (RTGs) to Container Corporations of India Ltd (Concor).
Under the contract, Kalmar will deliver the cranes to Concor’s Tuglakabad terminal in New Delhi. The order for the environmentally, all electric E-One² RTGs, is the first between the two companies.
The cranes are equipped with a Variable Speed Generator (VSG) which will reduce fuel costs by up to 60% compared to conventional RTGs. The VSG allows the engine to run at a lower RPM level when idle and automatically optimise the engine’s RPM according to the power needed, resulting in lower fuel consumption and emissions.
Jonne Hankimaa, managing director, Cargotec India, said: “Kalmar's fully electrical RTGs combined with local support, convinced Concor to choose Kalmar as a supplier. We are proud to have been selected in an open bidding, and established a new customer relationship with such a distinguished player as Concor.”
The cranes are expected to be delivered during the last quarter of 2013.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- First fully electric medium-range forklift
- Electric powered shuttle carrier pilot project
- Green equipment order for Australian operator
- New Port 2060 vision revealed
- Electric straddle carrier order
- Greener equipment to meet efficiency goals
- Kalmar upgrades diesel forklift range
- Electric trucks for Germany
- Kalmar secures 34 reachstacker deal
- Low emission engines for Kalmar
- Screw-type ship unloader preferred on environmental grounds
- Alumina ship loader for Brazil
- Automated lashing efficiency for containers
- Kalmar cranes reduce fuel consumption
- Deal won by both technology and support
- Cargotec introduces new electrical winch
- Cargotec unloaders for multiple ports
- Kalmar to supply India with all electric RTGs
- Cargotec cranes for new PIL vessels
- Kalmar straddle carriers for New Zealand
- Kalmar’s environmental focus
- Shuttle carrier order
- Kalmar RTGs for Indonesia
- Kalmar unveils hybrid 'first'
- Kalmar prototype dual fuel reachstacker
- Felixstowe commits to being green
- Kalmar sets emissions benchmark
- Electric straddle carrier delivery
- More Kalmar RTGs for Poland
- Kalmar hybrid shuttles bound for US
- Siwertell helps ABP Immingham unload
- New more efficient Kalmar ASC
- Kalmar equipment in demand
- Hybrid shuttle carriers to clean up Virginia
- Siwertell coal unloader for Itaqui
- World First - Hybrid Prime Mover launched in Singapore
- Cargotec's first Zero Emission RTGs to Asia
- China Navigation orders Cargotec cranes