Fuel savings and noise reduction
Kalmar reachstackers deliver fuel savings and noise reduction for GVT
Kalmar has delivered five new green Kalmar Gloria reachstackers to Barge Terminal Tilburg (BTT) in the Netherlands.
It comprises five new reachstackers, four of which feature Kalmar K-Motion technology. The fifth machine will be used for barge handling at the Weert inland terminal.
Kalmar K-Motion enables significant reductions in fuel and exhaust, and minimises noise through both the innovative drivetrain and through an optimised hydraulic system.
Wil Versteijnen, managing director of BTT, said: "In addition to offering fast payback through fuel savings, Kalmar's K-Motion technology significantly reduces the noise generated by reachstacker operations.”
He added: “This is particularly important for us as many of our inland terminals are close to residential areas. Reduced fuel consumption also means lower emission levels, which supports our vision for more environmentally friendly intermodal cargo handling operations."
The reachstackers will also be equipped with Kalmar SmartFleet, which provides operational insights reports and KPIs through remote monitoring.
Booked into Cargotec's fourth quarter, the order highlights the company’s continued co-operation with GVT Group and Logistics.
“Kalmar K-Motion technology has been developed as a result of listening closely to the needs of our customers. It offers the latest in smart programming and proven transmission technology, and will support BTT in its goal to cut both noise emissions and fuel consumption,” concluded Alf-Gunnar Karlgren, director sales and marketing counterbalanced equipment.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Fuel savings and noise reduction
- Lithium-ion battery technology
- Kalmar FastCharge technology
- Kalmar industry firsts at TOC
- Inmarsat superyacht success
- Kalmar hybrids for DP World Southampton
- Kalmar: TCS goes green
- Customised terminal tractor
- GTI expands its green operations
- Focusing on efficiency
- LCMT chooses fuel-saving solution
- Santos Brasil orders 12 all-electric RTGs
- Green equipment on the agenda
- Kalmar hybrid RTGs for Kenya
- Electric straddle carrier delivery
- Reachstacker efficiency savings
- New additions and new orders for Kalmar
- Kalmar wins Melbourne equipment order
- LNG trucks for California
- 6 Kalmar electric RTGs for Vietnam
- Six electric RTG’s to Vietnam
- Saigon orders zero-emission cranes