Cavotec wins big with €12m orders
Cavotec is to supply its AMP units for a range of customers in the Far East and Europe
Cavotec is to supply its shore power equipment for customers in the Far East and Europe for a number of orders worth a total of €12m.
In the largest of these orders, the company will manufacture and supply more than 50 ship-based Alternative Maritiem Power (AMP) units for a major container shipping line.
"Cavotec now has more than 20 AMP container-housed units on order — almost certainly more than any other manufacturer of these type of shore power systems," said Luciano Corbetta, group market unit manager, Cavotec Ports and Maritime.
"The scope and geographical breadth of these orders underlines Cavotec's ability to manage complex projects and deliver innovative technologies to customers around the world," added Gustavo Miller, managing director, Cavotec Shanghai.
Cavotec will also supply a number of AMP cable management systems for four separate customers in China and South Korea. These units will be fitted to container vessels.
Another project in China will see the company deliver 16 AMP cable management units for installation on bulk carriers.
And for a customer in the UK, Cavotec will supply, install and commission ship-based AMP and cable management systems for two new-build 9,000 teu container vessels.
The company will also supply a further 10 container-housed AMP systems to be fitted to new-build container vessels for a customer in South Korea.
Other advanced technologies where the company is set to build on recent growth is its automated mooring system, MoorMaster – for which Cavotec recently announced a single order worth €10m – Human Operator Interface technologies and Electric Vehicles systems.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Shore power could slash Norwegian emissions
- €10m in port equipment orders for Cavotec
- Working together to reduce emissions
- Helsinki gets MoorMaster technology
- Cavotec powers ship of the year
- Continued wins for Cavotec
- Innovative vessel charging and mooring
- Kalmar secures two new orders
- Cavotec wins Finland ferry contract
- Shore to ship power partnership
- Cavotec and Mooring Systems sign pact
- Modelling for safer solutions
- Faster, safer, more secure
- Suction mooring rises to the challenge
- Cavotec presses for cold ironing in California
- Cavotec reels in DP world
- Electrifying anodes for NJ facility
- Cavotec bulks up
- Hedland adds to Moormaster family
- Mooring specialists throw down challenge to tradition
- Cavotec reels in the business
- AMP'd up, Cavotec style
- Salalah tests put MoorMaster through its paces
- Cavotec holds capital base
- Cavotec nets 24-strong order
- Cavotec electrified by DPW order
- Better protected
- A happy union
- Cavotec pairs listing with capital boost
- Cavotec plans Sweden relist
- Cavotec maintains steady growth
- Approvals or assumptions?
- Sucking up could help box terminals
- "Green" importance grows slowly in fenders
- US moves towards offshore power
- Shore power inaugerated at Rotterdam
- Shore power leads the way
- POLA orders Cavotec power systems
- Cavotec seminar on zero emissions
- Cavotec pushes shore power
- Ystad hosts shore power seminar
- Green equipment on the agenda
- Cavotec shore power
- Cavotec secures €7.2m of orders
- Jebel Ali makes the switch
- Cavotec wins big with €12m orders
- Winners of ‘Electric and Hybrid Marine Awards’ announced
- Electrical power to Turkey
- Norwegian shore power initiative
- Customer connections
- Cavotec powers up ports
- Shore side power at Bergen