Technical Technical Assistant
DeepOcean is an integrated provider of safe, high quality, innovative services and technologies for the subsea industry. Demonstrating an extensive track record, DeepOcean offers a breadth of subsea services including Survey and Seabed-mapping, Subsea Installation, Seabed Intervention, Inspection, Maintenance and Repair (IMR), and Decommissioning.
This strong portfolio of services, coupled with a fleet of owned and controlled specialised equipment and multi-purpose support spreads, enables DeepOcean to bundle its subsea services to deliver cost-effective, tailored solutions to meet individual client needs. Operating within a challenging industry, DeepOcean is committed to protecting the health and safety of all people involved with its activities, and thus achieving a safe and incident free workplace, with high standards of environmental responsibility and pollution prevention. DeepOcean strives for relentless customer focus and operational excellence, which is supported by a global team of highly professional and experienced project teams. The company delivers innovative engineering solutions and turnkey project management for complex offshore operations. DeepOcean is an efficient offshore service provider operating in the oil and gas, offshore renewables and electrical power transmission industries, with offices in Norway, UK, the Netherlands, Brazil, Mexico and Singapore.
We are currently recruiting for:
A Technical Assistant to join the team at our Blyth Offshore Base. The successful candidate will be the responsible crane operator and technical and logistic support provider for base operations. The Technical Assistant also supports lifting operations, rigging, slinging and Storekeeping. Job description
- To ensure that all company plant equipment (which includes but is not limited to Manitowoc Crane, Cherry Picker, Scissor Lift & Fork Lift Truck), is maintained and operated in an efficient, organised and controlled manner and always in accordance with the OEM or DeepOcean procedures, whichever is the most stringent.
- All equipment is maintained, inspected and operated in accordance with OEM specifications.
- Ensure that general working practices are in place and adhered to, and the correct safety equipment is provided and correctly used at all times.
- Plan, conduct, supervise and assist with movements and lifting operations as required.
- Supervise and coordinate external contractors.
- Dockside crane operator
- OPITO Rigger Stage 1 (Stage 2 preferable)
- Appointed Persons Lifting Operations
- FLT License
- First Aid
- Dangerous Goods
- Pendant Crane
- Fire Warden (Desirable)
- Permit to Work (Desirable)
- Lifting Tackle Examination (Desirable)
- Working At Height With Rescue (Desirable)
- IOSH Working Safely Course (Desirable)
- Acts in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
- Demonstrates good teamwork and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Enthusiasm for continuous improvement.
- Acts as ambassador for the Company at all times.
A competitive benefits package including private healthcare and pension, as well as flexible working.
Travel: Some travelling must be expected
DeepOcean is an integrated provider of safe, high quality, innovative services and technologies for ... Read more
ABP is the UK's leading port operator, with a unique network of 21 ports across England, Scotland an... Read more
We are looking for a Marketing & Audience Development Executive to join our award winning B2B media ... Read more
We are looking for an experienced and talented Digital Marketing Executive to join our award winning... Read more