Events Sales Executive
30 hours per week
Events Sales Executive
up to £24,000 Basic, OTE £32K+ (uncapped)
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and talented Sales Executive to join our fast-growing media company working on our expanding international Events portfolio.
The successful applicant will need to be self-motivated, flexible and driven with good communication, IT and organisational skills. With responsibility to manage their own event sales targets on assigned events across the events portfolio, the Sales Executive must also show initiative and be able to work collaboratively in this cross functional role. It is essential that they are an enthusiastic team player, and be prepared to go the extra mile to ensure success. The role will be largely office based but may require overseas travel.
Responsibilities will include:
- Portfolio sales across multiple events, ensuring that the needs of each client are fully met.
- Achieve sales targets by securing exhibition stands, sponsorship package solutions and delegate sales targets, where relevant, on assigned events.
- Plan and prioritise personal sales activities, and customer contact towards achieving agreed business aims, especially managing personal time and productivity.
- Representing Mercator Media at all relevant trade shows, conferences, seminars and corporate events when required, to network and create new client opportunities
- Maintain regular contact with prospective, previous and existing customers ensuring their marketing needs are identified through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods.
The suitable candidate will have/be:
- Effective sales techniques and skills demonstrated by a successful track record of exceeding targets and goals in successful b2b sales.
- Have strong organisational skills to track client opportunity, relationship management and sales pipeline management.
- Effective communicator, able to converse with a variety of people at varying levels of seniority.
- A positive, can do attitude with a willingness and ability to deliver to both personal and team goals.
- Commercially astute you will be keen to join a company in which the delivery of corporate objectives in a team environment is both recognised and remunerated.
- A proficient user of Microsoft Office applications.
BENEFITS: Free parking, company away days, pension, Life Insurance and much more!!
To apply, send CV, with covering email outlining your experience and why you feel this would be an appropriate role for you to Michelle Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mercator Media Limited is an award-winning business-to-business media company that publishes magazines and produces exhibitions, conferences, awards and websites, predominately serving the commercial marine and fishing sector. Established in 1989, the company has 50+ employees. Mercator’s magazines have pan-European, or international readership bases. Mercator Media prides itself on recognising and rewarding talent. Our “people” are our greatest asset and we heavily invest in staff development, training and growth within the organisation.
An opportunity currently exists to join the Briggs Group, an established company specialising in mar... Read more
Applicants are invited to apply for the Port Security Officer vacancy within the Operations Departme... Read more
Our client has recently added LNG Cargo’s to their already large fleet and they require experienced ... Read more
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and talented Sales Executive to join our fast-gro... Read more