Cargo Cargo Inspector
£18,000 - £25,000 a year
SGS have an exciting opportunity for a permanent Inspector to join their global organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering cargo supervision services to meet client specifications and provide assistance in managing inspection activities in a professional and efficient manner.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- To carry out quantity supervision and establish accurate quantities of loading or discharge of marine vessels. This will be carried out as per client's requirements and/or the company's International standards, either on, or off shore.
- To obtain representative samples and carry out quality supervision of loading & discharge of marine vessels.
- To provide complete and accurate written or computerised reports, as directed by the Operations Supervisor, on above activities for checking/verification by Operations Supervisors.
- To carry out all operations in strict accordance with applicable procedures for operations and safety.
- To assist Operations Supervisors in identifying and correcting any non-conformances with regard to quality, operational or safety matters.
- To ensure that all activities are performed in compliance with company QA & HSE manuals, following up audits and CAPRs/NIRs by completing actions on time.
- To provide help as and when required in the day to day operations as per Operations Supervisors instructions.
- Work closely with the Laboratory team to ensure an effective Quality and Quantity service is provided to the customer.
- You'll be working 2496 hours per year spread out across various shifts (max 48 hours per week).
Skills, abilities & personal qualities:
- Ability to carry out physically demanding work, the majority of which is outdoors on a 24/7 rota.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision whilst still delivering services to the timescale and standards expected.
- Ability to work to tight and often conflicting deadlines to meet client requirements.
- Competent in using the Word and Excel software.
- A good level of numeracy and literacy.
- Ability to drive a vehicle.
Candidates with the relevant job titles and experience of; Marine Vessel Inspector, Cargo Supervisor, Freight Inspector, Operations Supervisor, Health and Safety Co-Ordinator, Operational Inspection Manager, Inspection Manager, Dock Inspector, Shipping Inspector, Freight Inspector, Shipping Inspector, Loading Inspection.
We are looking for a Systems Administrator to join our award winning B2B media company. Read more
Provides expert knowledge, operational advice and overarching support to the Gas Fleet teams afloat ... Read more
Reporting to the Engineering Maintenance Supervisor, the purpose of the role is to ensure that all o... Read more
Applicants are invited to apply for the above vacancy within the Marine Department, based at the Por... Read more