Call for Papers
The deadline has been extended to 15th November 2017 to submit your submissions for the GreenPort Congress which will be hosted by the Port of Baltimore from 16 - 18 May.
To be considered for the programme please submit an abstract synopsis together with a biography and photograph of speaker and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
The theme for 2018 GreenPort Congress in Baltimore is 'GreenPorts are Smart Ports'
Topics to be covered on the 2018 programme include:
- Smart Ports: The integration of emerging technologies into ports, climate adaptation, sustainability - from automation to fiscal policy.
- Challenges of Inter-modal Connections and Productivity: green infrastructure, logistical issues, operational efficiencies, impacts on communities.
- Community Engagement: social license to operate, job creation, protecting public health, and investment in communities.
- The Green Initiatives: technologies to reduce energy consumption and environmental impacts for air, water & land.
- Land Redevelopment: master planning, contaminated properties and transport matters.
- Managing Dredge Materials: beneficial reuse and restoration, innovative uses and government consortia for research with industry stakeholders.
- Future of the Commercial Vessels: what to expect in 2030/40, treatment systems for ballast water, benefits of hull cleaning, ship to shore power and types of fuels in the future.
GreenPort Cruise 2018
- Challenges and Opportunities for Cruise Ports – Congestion, infrastructure, managing waste and reducing ship emissions.
- Cruise Ships & Terminals- Innovation, technologies, design, environmental and social impacts.
Preference will be given to abstracts from ports and terminals able to present case studies on good practices,and where an impact has been made to lower noise/emissions/improve air quality/relieve congestion/reduce energy consumption etc. Suppliers of equipment to achieve the above are also invited to submit abstracts and case studies, particularly in conjunction with testimonials from ports.
The deadline has now passed to submit a paper for the 2018 Greenport America Conference. For further information contact the Events team on +44 1329 825335 or email email@example.com